> Vice President of Workforce Development : OPEN! - Fort Smith Regional Chamber of Commerce
Vice President of Workforce Development
|Prev / Next|
OPEN! - Fort Smith Regional Chamber of Commerce
|Start Date:||To Be Determined||Enrollment:||---|
|Compensation:||The salary will be in the range of up to $125,000 and include an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting criteria. |
Application Deadline: To Be Determined
Interested in this position?
In partnership with local K-12, higher education and business and industry, the Vice President of Workforce Development will lead the creation of a holistic, community-based workforce development and directed career pathways model that is connected and aligned from elementary school through higher education and with business and industry. The model will include many key actions and activities, primarily led by the individual institutions, but aligned across the institutions and the community.
*K-8 Outreach programs, curriculum and opportunities that expose students, educators and parents to a variety of career options and begin to assess their skills, interests and abilities.
* Education and Training state-of-the-art, advanced education and training environments for high school and early college students to ultimately help them develop a career plan and skill set.
*Apprenticeships/Internships more work-based learning solutions to better prepare students for their career.
* Leadership dynamic career and technical education leaders and instructors with relevant education and industrial experience to develop and execute our workforce development strategy and vision.
* Collaborative partnerships with education and business and industry, both locally and across the state.
* Guidance and support from a newly created Fort Smith Regional Workforce Development Board of Advisors.
*Work with our strategic educational and industry partners to further develop and refine our community?s short and long-term workforce development and career and technical education strategy and vision.
* Support the local school systems and higher education institutions in their individual workforce development and career and technical education efforts and ensure they align, where appropriate, with our overall strategy and model.
* Build connections between employers and education and training institutions and programs to strengthen the connections that already exist, expand them where possible, develop new ones and encourage the adoption of programs already successfully developed and implemented in other communities across the United States.
* Ensure alignment, strategies and programs ultimately increase capacity, enrollment, participation, graduation and investment in the directed career pathways and programs.
* Conduct regular analysis of current local, regional and state workforce challenges, opportunities and needs and recommend future state models, strategies, initiatives and actions to help achieve our goals and objectives.
* Conduct research of successful workforce development models and initiatives from around the world and drive the replication of them in our region.
* Ensure that our workforce development efforts contribute to our local economic development efforts and ensure significant economic growth for the region. Provide subject matter expertise to economic development leaders related to workforce during the RFP/RFI and recruitment process.
* Serve as an active member of the Fort Smith Regional Workforce Development Board of Advisors. Facilitate board meetings and the establishment and review of the Board?s charter, goals and objectives.
* Confirm and strengthen existing education and industry partnerships and expand our efforts by establishing and recruiting new partnerships across both Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma.
* Conduct individual and group meetings with existing and future education and industry partners to understand their needs, confirm/establish and strengthen their support for our initiatives.
* Facilitate increased investment in our workforce development efforts and directed career pathways and programs. Work to secure addition funding, from a variety of sources and investors, to support our workforce development efforts.
* Explore opportunities to ensure these workforce development strategies also support adult learners, displaced workers or individuals looking for a career change and will translate into meaningful jobs and careers for them.
* Develop relationships and partner with other workforce development leaders across the state of Arkansas to move our state's workforce development efforts forward.