> Superintendent of Schools : OPEN! - Benton Community School District - Deadline March 14, 2019
Superintendent of Schools
|Prev / Next|
OPEN! - Benton Community School District - Deadline March 14, 2019
|Start Date:||To Be Determined||Enrollment:||1,450|
|Compensation:||The salary will be in the range of $162,000 and include an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting Board criteria.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2019
Interested in this position?
Professional Responsibilities and Examples of Duties:
1. A superintendent is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students facilitating the development, articulation, implementation and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community.
a. Sets priorities in the context of improving student achievement.
b. Articulates and promotes high expectations for teaching and student learning.
c. Develops, communicates and implements a collective vision of comprehensive school improvement.
d. Formulates comprehensive school improvement plans and goals, and procedures for gathering, analyzing and using district data for decision-making.
2. A superintendent is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by advocating, nurturing and sustaining a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional development.
a. Evaluates and provides direction for assessing priorities and needs, and improving district programs and instructional strategies.
b. Encourages and facilitates improvement in teaching and learning through technology and personal and professional development among staff.
c. Provides leadership for assessing, developing and improving school environment and culture.
d. Provides encouragement for continuous improvement and design of more effective teaching and learning experiences for all students.
3. A superintendent is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by ensuring management of the organization, operations and resources for safe, efficient and effective learning environment.
a. Analyzes and reports student achievement, attendance and graduation rate.
b. Monitors distribution of district resources, and recruitment and selection of district personnel.
c. Effectively manages the district's budget.
d. Ensures policies and rules are uniformly observed and enforced.
e. Supervises, evaluates, disciplines and holds staff members accountable for performance.
4. A superintendent is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by collaborating with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs and mobilizing community resources.
a. Provides leadership for improving parent/student/community involvement in the schools.
b. Promotes, demonstrates and supports clear communication at all levels of the district.
c. Formulates and implements plans for external communication to the community and the media.
d. Provides community service and leadership for developing a positive rapport between schools and the community.
5. A superintendent is an educational leader who promotes the success of all students by acting with integrity, fairness and an ethical manner.
a. Demonstrates integrity, fairness trustworthiness and professionalism in all actions in the school environment, board and community.
b. Demonstrates awareness of professional issues and developments in education.
6. A superintendent is an educational leader who promotes success of all students by understanding, responding to and influencing the larger political, social, economic, legal and cultural context.
a. Demonstrates respect for diversity in students, staff and programs.
b. Advocates in the political environment for issues beneficial to improving teaching and learning.
c. Provides leadership with the board for defining superintendent and board roles, mutual expectations, procedures for working together in formulating district policy.
d. Communicates effectively to the community and board about district issues and performance.
7. This job description is subject to change, and in no manner implies that the superintendent performs only the responsibilities and duties listed herein. The superintendent must perform these and other duties as may be assigned by the board, both consistent with local board policies and the Iowa Code.