> Principal K-8 : CLOSED! Detroit Public Schools Community District
|Prev / Next|
CLOSED! Detroit Public Schools Community District
|Start Date:||As Mutually Agreed Upon||Enrollment:||---|
|Compensation:||The salary will be in the range of $130,000 plus include an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience and meeting qualifications. |
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled - Apply Immediately
Interested in this position?
Position Job Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Principal Supervisor; the Building Principal will have the following key responsibilities:
1. Create a shared vision of high quality teaching and learning.
2. Align standards, instructional strategies, assessment, instructional tools/resources, and professional development to ensure instructional program coherence.
3. Develop an academic plan based on a continuous improvement model; conduct a comprehensive review of quantitative and qualitative data relative to teaching and learning and use to support development of academic plan; create benchmark growth measures to monitor progress toward meeting performance goals.
4. Conduct regular formative and summative staff evaluations to ensure continuous improvement in teaching and learning and maintain high levels of accountability.
5. Create the necessary structures and systems required to support successful
implementation of the instructional program.
6. Create and maintain a safe, effective, and clean learning environment.
7. Develop and manage a school budget, aligned to the school academic plan, that reflects
District, State, and Federal mandates.
8. Create a formative and summative evaluation process to monitor student progress.
9. Develop and implement a comprehensive professional development program based on
teacher instructional practice and student learning needs.
10. Effectively coordinate, supervise, and manage relations with parents/families, the
immediate school and the broader external community.
11. Acquire and effectively manage resources outside of district allotted support.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by Principal Supervisor (or designee).