> Superintendent of Schools : CLOSED! - Pittsburg Community Schools Unified School District 250 - Deadline February 16, 2018
Superintendent of Schools
|Prev / Next|
CLOSED! - Pittsburg Community Schools Unified School District 250 - Deadline February 16, 2018
|Start Date:||To Be Determined||Enrollment:||3,000+|
|Compensation:||The salary will be in the range of $147,000 plus include an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting Board criteria. |
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018
Interested in this position?
Unified School District 250 serves the city of Pittsburg, Kansas and the immediate rural areas surrounding our community. More than 500 employees work daily to provide a first-class teaching and learning environment to more than 3,000 students spanning grades pre-kindergarten through the senior year of high school.
Our students are served in four elementary schools -- George Nettels, Lakeside, Meadowlark and Westside -- Pittsburg Community Middle School, Pittsburg High School, and an alternative education setting. All facilities have been renovated or newly constructed since 2001 and contain the latest equipment and technology for facilitating student inquiry and learning. The elementary sites were expanded upon in 2009 to provide an all-day kindergarten experience.
Our staff is well-trained and experienced, with 60 percent of our teachers having a master’s degree or higher. The average experience level of teachers in the district exceeds 10 years. We are fortunate to be located in the same hometown as Pittsburg State University, which provides our students and staff access to excellent educational experiences, as well as the cultural and activity enrichment benefits of living near a university environment.
At Pittsburg Community Schools we believe in success for every child. With our family partners, we are creating a better future for Pittsburg and its citizens.
The purpose of Pittsburg Community Schools is to provide diverse learning opportunities for all students that inspire them to achieve excellence, both academically and socially, in order to enjoy success in post-secondary education, the workforce, and in life.
The mission of Pittsburg Community Schools is to provide a safe, orderly, student-centered learning environment that utilizes high quality staff to establish partnerships between home, school, and community that work cooperatively and collaboratively to empower all students to learn while promoting respect for self and others.
USD #250 is committed to:
• High expectations for teaching and student achievement in academics, life skills, 21st Century skills and extra-curricular activities.
• The best use of resources through fiscal and operational efficiencies to ensure fair distribution to each facet of the organization.
• Customer service excellence internally and externally by actively engaging students, parents, staff, district patrons, and the community.
• A high standard of practice in the recruitment, retention, and professional development of a quality staff.
• The integration of technology in teaching and learning to prepare students for a changing world.
• The planning, preparation, and implementation of a path to sustain orderly growth to meet the needs of changing demographics.