> Chief of Transformation and Innovation : Dallas Independent School District
Chief of Transformation and Innovation
|Prev / Next|
Dallas Independent School District
|Start Date:||To Be Determined||Enrollment:||---|
|Compensation:||The salary will be in the range of $175,000 plus an excellent comprehensive benefits package. The final salary for the successful candidate will be negotiated and determined based upon proven experience, qualifications and meeting District criteria. |
Application Deadline: February 13, 2017
Interested in this position?
1. Oversee current Choice Schools and continue to expand the Public School Choice Initiative in Dallas ISD, which is one of the key priorities for district to improve student achievement. Choice schools include redesigning existing schools and launching new open enrollment start up schools.
2. Grow the range of specialized academic options (i.e. STEM, Montessori, Personalized Learning, etc.) in choice schools so that all students can attend a ďbest fitĒ school based on their interests, learning styles, and aspirations.
3. Ensure that Choice Schools do not have academic entry requirements and all Choice Schools remain open to all students regardless of academic performance.
4. Oversee the competitive proposal process to identify new choice schools in the district. Educators within and outside of Dallas ISD have the opportunity to submit school design proposals.
5. Lead and manage a centralized student application process for open enrollment choice schools
6. Lead the development and implementation of the managed performance empowerment Theory of Action to further define the relationship between central office and schools. This includes a multi-year effort to revise board policy, define and create autonomies by departments, empowering campuses with greater level of autonomies.
7. Spearhead the on-going refinement of the districtís School Performance Framework (SPF) to provide a more comprehensive overview of school quality. The SPF values a mix of proficiency, student growth, school culture, and climate.
8. Lead the districtís efforts to promote greater levels of socio-economic diversity at campuses particularly at choice schools.
9. Coordinate with departments and support the accomplishment of District goals.
10. Formulate effective new ideas and innovative strategies to increase the districtís market share of students and find ways to introduce them into the Districtís future plans and discard ideas that are ineffective, costly or beyond the scope of the Districtís mission or abilities to develop
11. Manage transformation work streams and/or programs, monitor program performance and compliance with established district goals, and oversee changes or enhancements
12. Work closely with the Deputy Superintendent to manage change, develop a culture of professionalism and continuous improvement in the District, and to develop a more adaptive and dynamic organization
13. Monitor research and development of other organizations to spot trends in innovation and supplement research findings in education
14. Review and study research and analyze trends in public education in order to anticipate future changes in practices, processes, or curricula
15. Maintain records and reports as are necessary for the Superintendent of Schools and other executive staff to keep the Board of Trustees informed of the district's progress and future plans
16. Participate in the development of education policy by providing advice to district leadership and senior government managers
17. Plan, administer and control budgets for projects, programs, support services and equipment
18. Brainstorm with a creative team to discover new solutions and approaches to old problems
19. Evaluate the progress of innovation and adjust the pace or direction of new projects in accordance District Goals.
20. Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned